Vetrazzo Offers Recycled Glass CEU Events
Vetrazzo offers designers, architects and other trade members the opportunity to earn continuing education credits at day and evening events to satisfy memberships in GBCI, NKBA, IDCEC and AIA.
Guests to these two hour events, 1.5 hours for the presentation, include kitchen and bath designers, dealers, architects, and green building specialists. They join a Vetrazzo product specialist for an evening or lunch of networking and learning about trends in recycled glass materials, applications and methods. Attendees end the event inspired by the Vetrazzo story and the knowledge that beautiful products can also be sustainable.
At these events participants will learn:
- How waste glass is sourced and the “upcycling” process used to produce recycled glass surfaces.
- How to evaluate the sustainability of a recycled glass surface by its contents, manufacturing process, business practices, complete life cycle and proximity of sources in relation to manufacturing.
- How recycled glass surfaces fit into a sustainable building, including potential LEED contribution.
- How to compare key performance criteria of recycled glass surfaces with other types of surfacing material.
- About specific case studies that utilized recycled glass surfaces to achieve maximum performance and sustainability.
At the CEU events, the product experts will take you on a quick and informative tour through the history of glass manufacturing and demonstrate how the simple material found in all our homes is actually the result of a complex scientific mixture. The conversation will also go beyond the conventional wisdom and tips on recycling to understand the differences between recycling, upcycling and downcycling and learn how recycled glass surfaces impact LEED design. (The USGBC awards more points in its LEED program to post-consumer glass to encourage its use.)
Attendees will also walk away with knowledge about:
- Care and maintenance
- Designing and specifying for recycled glass surfaces
- Applications, case studies for residential and commercial
- Manufacturers features and benefits like heat resistance and thin profiles
For more information on hosting or attending a CEU at a studio or showroom near you visit the Vetrazzo website.
You may also be interested in this article about recycled glass options from Beachstone.